Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Tandoori Chicken is popular in the subcontinent for its smoky taste and rich flavours. Chicken is marinated overnight in a spicy yogurt before it roasted on a tandoor.
- Chicken Breast fillets or chicken drumsticks– 750 gms, cut into bite sized pieces
- Green Chillies – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Salt as per taste
- Butter as required
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
For the Marinade
Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
Garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped or crushed
Ginger – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 to 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
1. Blend the marinade elements in a bowl.
2. Mix green and red chillies, salt (as per taste) and, lemon juice.
3. Spread the mixture all over the chicken and refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes
4. Put the chicken inside the marinade bowl; mix them together until the marinade is over the place.
5. Keep separately for 6 to 8 hours.
6. Now put the chicken on a grill rack over a roasting dish and brush it with butter.
7. Put it inside a preheated oven (230C). Then grill it for 15 minutes.
8. Sprinkle chaat masala powder
10. Serve with onion rings, and mint coriander chutney.