Fish Tikka is a highly relished non-vegetarian appetiser with origin to Indian cooking. With traditional Indian preparation, the fish retains its tender taste and turns crispy from outside – giving the most sumptuous experience to the taste buds. The key to the recipe is a good marination in authentic Indian spices.
For the Marinade
- Fish fillets cut into chunks – 520 gms
- Garlic cloves – 3 to 4 in number, roughly chopped
- Ginger – ½”, roughly chopped
- Thick curd or greek yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Mild chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Chickpea flour – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Wooden skewers – 4 to 5
- Chaat masala for garnish
- Mint chutney
- Soak the wooden skewers in warm water till the marinade is ready.
- Add fish to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Blend garlic and ginger to a thick and smooth paste.
- In a separate bowl, add garlic and ginger paste with other marinade ingredients. Mix well and add the fish
- Leave the fish to marinate for minimum 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high setting and skewer the fish onto the wooden skewers. Pat the extra marinade on the fish using a brush. Put on the grill for 10-12 mins.