Easy to cook, healthy and delicious, this dish has a rich and tangy tomato based curry cooked with various spices. The luscious creamy curry makes it an ideal choice for dinner parties.
Here is an easy and step by step recipe for Mushroom Masala:
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Peppercorn- ¼ tsp
- Dried Kashmiri red chili – 4 No.
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Finely chopped medium onion – 1 No.
- Ginger and garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Pulped Tomatoes – 2 No.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder -½ tsp
- salt to taste
- Sliced button mushrooms – 10 No.
- Water as required
- Cashew paste – ¼ cup
- Fresh cream -2 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Dry and crushed fenugreek leaves – ½ tsp
- Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorn and dried red chili in a pan and dry roast it.
- Let it cool for a while. Transfer it into a blender and grind it into smooth powder.
- Take a large cooking pan and put some oil. Add cumin seeds and cinnamon stick in the oil and let it crackle.
- Now add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till it turn slightly golden brown.
- Add tomato pulp and saute till the oil separates from sides.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, prepared masala powder and salt.
- Saute the mix on low flame for a minute or two. Now add sliced mushrooms and mix gently.
- Cover the vessel and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add water as required and the cashew paste. Mix it well and let it simmer on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cream, coriander leaves and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well.
- Transfer the mushroom curry in the serving bowl and garnish it with fresh cream. Serve it hot with rice or chapati.