Indian Chicken Recipe
Easy Indian Chicken Recipe for Sunday Family Lunch
Sunday family lunches are perhaps the most awaited time of the week. Everyone sitting together relishing a scrumptious meal and chatting about different things under the sun is the best way to make the family bond stronger.
This Sunday, make exquisite, flavour loaded and pleasant on palate Chicken Punjabi to give your family a reason to look forward to the weekly lunches.
This 20 minutes Indian chicken recipe requires limited ingredients all of which are easily available at home. Are you ready to note down the recipe? Scroll down!
- Cooking oil/Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Boneless chicken – 250 gms.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped onion – 1 No.
- Minced garlic – 5 cloves
- Minced ginger – 2 tbsp
- Coarsely chopped tomato – 1 No. (small)
- Tomato paste/puree – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Seeded and minced green chilli – 1 No.
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Water as Required
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium flame. Put cumin seeds when the oil is heated. Let it crackle and add chopped onion.
- 2. Cook the onion till they turn translucent and golden. Now add minced garlic and ginger. Cook the mixture till the onions turn golden brownish.
- 3. Now put in chopped tomato and tomato puree. Stir it for a couple of minutes till the oil starts leaving the sides. Add garam masala, turmeric, salt, green chilli and water.
- 4. Put the lid on the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Now lay the chicken pieces gently in the sauce and coat it properly.
- 5. Add water if required. Close the lid and reduced the heat to low. Cook the chicken for another 10-15 minutes.
- 6. Transfer the chicken curry in a serving bowl and garnish it with fresh cilantro. Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.