How To Cook Restaurant Style Aloo Gobi at Home?
When it comes to Indian dishes, vegans get an enormous amount of options that are not only delicious but full of nutrients.
This hearty cauliflower + potato dish is one of the most basic and common curries that you will find in any Indian kitchen. Easy to cook, filling and most importantly vegan; this recipe will sort out your dinner plans.
Cooked with onion, tomatoes and assorted Indian spices, this popular Indian recipe requires few easily available ingredients.
- Medium-sized potatoes, sliced or cubed – 2 No.
- Medium-sized cauliflower – 2 No. (cut into small florets)
- Finely chopped medium-sized onion – 1 No.
- Chopped medium-sized tomatoes – 2 No.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder/amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – 3-4 tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cauliflower florets and fry for it a couple of minutes. Now add sliced potatoes.
- 2. Fry cauliflower + potato on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes. Cook till the potatoes and cauliflower get some brown spots.
- 3. Keep the cauliflower and potato aside on a tissue paper.
- 4. Heat oil on medium heat and put cumin seeds. Let it crackle and now add the onions. Cook it for 2 minutes till they turn translucent.
- 5. Now add the ginger-garlic paste. Cook it for another 2 minutes till the raw smell goes.
- 6. Put in chopped tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes till it turns mushy.
- 7. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and amchur (dry mango) powder.
- 8. Put a lid on the pan and let the masala cook for a while. It’s time to put potatoes and cauliflower and mix well.
- 9. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Put garam masala and cook the potato and cauliflower on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- 10. Put salt and cover the pan. Let the curry cook for additional 6-7 minutes till the cauliflower and potato get tender. Make sure the veggies don’t get soggy.
- 11. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha or chapati.