‘Keep calm and eat Puchka Bhel’
It is just a saying but in reality you cannot just keep calm when you have this mouth-watering combination of Puchka plus Bhel in front of you. It just adds the dopamine level in your body by having the first look. It is love at first sight with every puchka you see in front of you with sparkling eyes. It is one such dish that unites the entire India with different styles of making it. The base remains the same but the inside stuffing observes variations depending on the taste of the independent states.
On the other hand, Bhel is equally famous as it mostly goes along with puchka. The difference is the use of myriad chutneys and use of rice puffs as the main ingredient.
It is pandemic season and we know you would be craving this meld of puchka and bhel from a long time.
We are sharing our secret easy to make recipe today to save your time and you get the same taste as our restaurant.
Let’s see how to make the delicious delicacy:
- Rice puffs
- Date chutney
- Tamarind chutney
- Dry puri and papdi
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon Juice
- Boiled Potatoes
- Roasted peanuts
- Boiled black chana
How to make Puchka Bhel
- Take the required quantity tamarind and soak it in hot water. The water should be taken in a quantity where the tamarind is all covered inside the water and can remain there for longer hours without floating on the top.
- Take one bowl and add ginger powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder and salt. Mix them well.
- Now, take a blender and blend the soaked tamarind to make a paste. Add this mixture to the species bowl and stir it well.
- Add jaggery to the mixture at the end and again stir it well before keeping it down for cooling procedure. Do not store it in the fridge when hot.
Red Date Chutney
- Take 10-15 red chillies and dates in a bowl and add water to it. Keep it for 30 minutes.
- Now, post 30 minutes of soaking, mix it well with the help of a blender.
- Add jeera powder, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper to the red chilly and dates mixture.
- Take a big bowl and pour all the puffed rice inside it.
- Now, add boiled potatoes and boiled chana to it.
- Add tamarind and red date chutneys to it and mix it well
- Add roasted peanuts, sev and puri papdi to it and mix it well again
- Just add coriander leaves on the top and you re ready to serve
- Take your special puchkas in your hand and prick it from the middle to make a hole on the top.
- Now, add the bhel stufflings inside the puchkas from the top
- Add, tamarind chutney, raw onion pieces and coriander on the top.
- The yummy puchkas are ready to be served.
It is that simple to have delicious puchka bhel at your home. However, in case you miss our Tandoori Flames puchka bhel, then we are open and you can dine in with us anytime.
To order or book in advance, visit our Indian Resturant in Melbourne https://tandooriflamesmelbourne.com.au/indian-restaurant-dine-in-menu/ or call 1800 717 616.