Garlic and Basil Naan
‘When once an Indian sees that his food is secure, he does not care what the chief or or anyone else says.’ – George Crook
It is very much true as Indian cuisines are made in a way that the appearance itself makes one want to have it in the next coming minute. The curries are the king due to the presence of piquant spices that makes everyone sets their heart upon. To compliment the combination, Indian cuisines have different varieties of breads that are equally delicious that makes one feel zesty towards the combination.
Our chefs at Tandoori Flames are expert in making tempting Indian breads that would make you yearn more and more with every bite. There are varieties of Indian breads made with different curries but the best one for this Covid season is Garlic and Basil Indian bread also known as Garlic and Basil naan, as garlic has germs fighting properties and works as an immunity booster. Garlic is also recommended to patients suffering from excessive fat and cholesterol for the blood thinning process and works as a medicine and cancer patients. Also, basil on the other hand works as an anti-ageing for the body as well as controls sugar level in the body. These both ingredients work wonders and give push to your immunity in a very short span of time.
In this lockdown, you do not have to miss the dish. You can prepare Garlic and basil naan very easily at home within just a few hours.
All you require is
- Basil leaves
- Baking powder
- Coriander leaves
- Salt as per the taste
- All purpose flour (Maida)
- Water as required to make the dough
The One-hour Magic
- Take two-three garlic of medium size and peel off the extras from around. Now, add the cloves of garlic and water into a small jar and make it into a thick paste.
- Take 2 big cups of all purpose flour (maida) in a big bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, curd and melted butter to it.
- Stir the entire mixture till it becomes a thick paste kind of structure.
- Add coriander leaves and basil leaves into the mixture.
- Again, stir the mixture till it becomes a thick paste.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes by wrapping the bowl with a cotton cloth
- Now, start making it into a dough by adding water to it in required proportion.
- Keep the dough little thick in order to enjoy the softness
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes in a closed bowl. The dough should have tiny white spots on the top at the end of the duration. This is the sign that the dough is prepared well.
- Take the dough out and make small rounds out of it for giving it a naan like shape.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame. Once the pan is hot enough, take the prepared naan and apply water to both the sides. This will help the naan to stick to the pan firmly.
- Now, stick the naan to the pan in a gentle way making sure of the grip.
- Take the pan in hand and rotate it towards the flame. Let the naan cook on it till it starts turning brown in colour.
- Repeat the process for the next side.
- In a few minutes, both the sides will turn a little brown.
- Now, take it off from the pan and apply butter on the top side along with adding kalonji on the top. Kalonji is great for eyesight and helps in curing many diseases like diabetes, baldness due to high dose medicine reactions, helps in curing all skin related problems, helps in memory gain, cures asthma, kidney related diseases etc. Many people use it as a decorative substance to the dish but in Indian cuisines, it is used due to such health benefits.
- Add cheese and coriander leaves on the top to make it more delicious taste wise. Cheese is often considered as a fatty substance but if taken in measured quantity, it works as a cleanser due to presence of lemon inside. It is also rich in proteins which combats your daily protein requirements.
- Take out your best dinner set and special culinary and serve it right with freshly cooked garlic and basil naan with luscious curries.
It’s that simple to make mouth watering garlic and basil naan at home.
Even after all, if you still crave for our chef’s special naan, you can place an order for delivery as well as pickup. We will make your wish come true by noting your demand.
Happy home feast-ing!